Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hello Blogger World!

Wishing to introduce Mom, myself and one of my helpers Rosanna here in snowy Maine. Photo to the right shows me with Rosanna.

This blog is mainly going to be dedicated to my dear mother who will be 90 in August this year. I plan to reveal what has transpired during the past 6 and a half years of looking after her. She has been designated as nursing home level care as of the past 16 months.

I'm hoping to be of help to other caregivers out there by sharing what I have learned during this time. I know that many of you would feel the same way as I do knowing that often times this full time care giving seems endless, frustrating and exasperating, nonetheless I feel I have been highly privileged to have had this great opportunity to pay back the greatest person in my life by doing everything in my power to be of service to her in any way I can. I have spared no money, time or efforts in this endeavor.
I have stepped forward to do all possible to address each and every health issue as it arises and it has paid off handsomely each time. Mom coded in April, at the age of 86 Tuesday of Holy Week, and by the grace of God she survived. I will try to explain details of her health related issues as time goes on, hoping this will help someone else out there.

No comments: